Thursday, April 12, 2018




S T U D E N T   S U C C E S S   S T A T E M E N T 

Image result for karl g maeser

" I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first."
- Karl G. Maeser


What this quote means is that keeping your word of honor is really something that builds up your reputation. It shows how responsible and how trustworthy you are and can be. You go through your day in order to keep what you offered to do. It is basically like keeping a promise to someone. If you break what you promised to do, then of course they're gonna lose trust in you and will stop telling you things, or just stop making plans with you. I mean, I really don't blame them if they ever do something  like that to you. If you were to lazy to follow through or just saw it as a bother, why say it? You are showing how the other individuals in your life that you give your word of honor to, aren't enough for you to go out of you way for. It ruins your reputation as a friend, it can also affect your work place. If you're too lazy to do what your boss tells you then you will probably end up losing that job. Same thing with school, aren't keeping your word to do your homework, or studying for a test later on in the week, You will be letting your parents down, your teachers, and most of all, yourself. Keep your word if you ever say it, it is better said than done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

C L A S S   E V A L U A T I O N Things I enjoyed about this class is that is very easy going. The people are alright, they aren&#...